The Universal Loving-Kindness exercise made me think of others instead of myself. What I should do to help them and to stop worrying about trivial small things in my life. I thought of everyone I did know and did not know how I could release them from their pain.It is to easy to think of yourself it is challenge to be able to think of someone else. It is heart felt love shared with everyone. When the assessment asked, "What aspect of my life is being affected" I knew instantly (Dacher, 2006). We all have fights with someone that we love and this is one night that I had so interpersonal was what was bothering me. I knew we both felt this way and the easiest way to stop it was to talk about it. The biggest thing that hinders any relationship I fell is the communication barrier. My husband and I have great communication skills with one another. I think this night it was just best to go our separate ways to blow of some steam and then after a while talk about it. So my growth for tonight is just to myself in his shoes to gain a better perspective of where he is coming from. So that I can build a better understanding with myself. I actually took a breather and did the love and kindness exercise. It really calmed my mind, body, and spirit.
Dacher, E. (2006). Integral health: The path to human flourishing. Laguna Beach, CA: Basic Health Publications, Inc.
Your example of how the exercise helped you is wonderful! I think this exercise can help us to step into the shoes of others, no matter if they are our spouses or a distant friend. Taking the time and making the effort to understand the other side of the issue truly helps us to resolve them.
ReplyDelete